8 Aug 2011

Billabong Anteup

On Canada Day (July 1) Billabong put on a 5 star TTR big air contest on Whistler mountain. There was only room for 30 invited riders so the contest field was stacked with heavy hitters like Seb Toutant, Chas Guldemond, Eric Willet, Sage Kotsenburg..... just to name a few. I was lucky enough to make it on that list and compete and hang out with everyone!! It was a 90 foot jump and needless to say it was a bit intimidating. This was the first jump I had hit in 3 months because i was coming off a broken bone in my ankle. Still with my ankle not healed yet I taped it up like crazy and just prayed it wouldn't give out on me. Unfortunately I  couldn't put down the run I wanted do. I was going for a frontside 1080 but going off the take off I didn't get the pop I needed and it turned into a lame 720. I rode badly and was really embarrassed that I let people down but I still had a good time and gained some valuable experience. Heres a recap video of the contest....






No comments:

Post a Comment